- This event has passed.
Advanced Carbonate Geology
18th April 2016
The aims of this course will be focussed on Tertiary carbonates systems and reservoirs of SE Asia and will provide an updated review on the controls of carbonate sedimentation, global changes through the Tertiary and how these affect reservoir types. The sequence stratigraphy of carbonate, and mixed siliciclastic carbonate systems will be discussed drawing on examples from SE Asia. The seismic and log expression of SE Asia carbonate systems will also be examined. The origin of sub-surface CO2 will be reviewed. Controls on the pore systems within carbonate reservoirs will be described.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for professionals directly involved with carbonate reservoir geology, and who need a deeper understanding of the complexity and problems associated with carbonate reservoirs.
Job titles include but are not limited to:
- Exploration & Development Geoscientists (Geologists & Geophysicists)
- Reservoir & Petroleum Engineers
- E&P Managers
Key Learning Points
- To understand how evolving organisms and global oceanographic conditions influence carbonate systems, their diagenesis and reservoir quality
- To understand the unique features of the sequence stratigraphic controls of carbonate systems
- To understand the seismic geometries and attributes assist in the interpretation of carbonates
- To understand the application of various petrographic and analytical techniques to solving reservoir quality issues in carbonates
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com