As a result of increasing demand, as well as improvement in the chemical EOR process and technologies, more and more oil & gas operators are looking at how chemical EOR can benefit them. Market analysis has concluded that 377,685 bbl/d will be produced by chemical enhanced oil recovery techniques in 2014, with spending totalling $ 2,261 million. This course is designed to help technical personnel build a thorough understanding of Chemical EOR process mechanisms, mathematical models and parameters for relevant simulation technologies.
The course is on emerging technologies of chemical EOR and focuses on polymers, surfactant and foam injection processes. Emphasis is placed on chemical technologies of foam-surfactant injection for mobility control, wettability alteration and EOR processes.
Surveying lab and field examples and drawing knowledge from both laboratory and field application experiences enchance further the depth of understanding and learning of participants. Examples of laboratory investigations, simulation modelling of various processes and field applications are provided throughout the lecture periods.
Benefits Of Attending
- Learn chemical flooding applications and limitations
- Understand polymer types, impact and properties
- Evaluate surfactants selection criteria
- Gain insights on surfactant and surfactant-polymer flooding
- Appraise surfactants and formulation process
- Identify wettability tests and measurement techniques
- Determine foam injections and applications
Who Should Attend
This 5-day course is designed for technical personnel who are engaged or expected to be involced in designing, evaluating and managing Chemical EOR projects. Job titles include:
- Reservoir Managers / Engineers
- Petroleum Manager / Engineers
- EOR Researchers
- Chemist / Laboratory Technicians
- Project Managers / Engineers
For further information on this course, please email to email@example.com