- This event has passed.
Advanced Fire and Explosion Investigation
17th September 2018 - 18th September 2018
A US Chemical Safety Board study found 26 explosions and fires since 1983 at conventional oil and gas sites that killed 44 members of the public and injured 25 others. The percentage of death caused by fire and gas explosions while a small percentage, is certainly unacceptable, and industry safety should be a no. 1 priority.
Measures have been adopted throughout the industry to prevent fires and explosions, such as better design standards, gas detectors, strict control of potential ignition sources, rigid smoking restrictions and new firefighting equipment. Fire and gas explosion investigation continues to be of paramount importance to understand what could go wrong and how to prevent past fatalities from happening.
Who Should Attend
Personnel involved in HSE, Risk and Safety, Fire Safety, Process Safety or others involved in the fire and gas safety and investigation.
Key Learning Points
- Apply a systematic approach to fre and gas explosion investigation
- Relating fire investigations to the scientific method
- Understand fire science and fire patterns
- Organise investigation functions effectively and have proper documentation of scene
- Examine possible ignition sources and how to determine the most likely culprit
- Conduct preliminary assessment and origin determination
- Learn fire cause determination and the elimination process
- Understand Failure Analysis and the use of analytical tools