- This event has passed.
Advanced LNG Bunkering practices, Operations and Claims Management for the LNG Maritime Industry
29th June 2017
This intensive course will equip you with a detailed practical grounding in the fundamentals of advanced LNG Bunkering operations. You will learn the practical tools and techniques that can be utiltised to manage risk more effectively and make better practical decisions while handling.
Led by a highly experienced and skilled Offshore LNG Project and Marine Engineering expert for multinational worldwide this course provides delegates an in-depth understanding of approaches to bunkering and claims management in the maritime industry.
It is a Advanced course, appropriate for Port Operators and those seeking MPA’s endorsement/ licensing as LNG Bunker Surveyors and Cargo Officers. Other members of the industry seeking to increase their knowledge including LNG suppliers, bunker craft operators, LNG and bunker traders, shipping agents, insurance agents, craft management staff as well as any interested participants seeking to have a better understanding of the processes.
Challenging Tutored Marked Assignments and in depth Case Studies are presented to delegates for the duration. The trainer uses factual case studies and exercises along the way to cement participants’ newly acquired skills and help them apply them to real situations. Equally as important, a look at the mind-set of LNG operators, bunker surveyors, MPA’s, ship designers, project managers, and marine engineers is given through the discussion; thus giving participants an additional boost in anticipating potential problems and correcting them beforehand.
Who Should Attend
Key Job Titles
- Ship Owners and Managers
- Offshore Vessel and FPSO Owners and Operators
- Oil Majors, NOCs and Independents
- Ship Superintendents and Safety Officers
- Ship Officers and Crews (Master, Chief Officers,Chief Engineers etc)
- Bunkering industry Personnel including Loading and Mooring Masters
- STS Service Providers
- Liquid Cargo and Bunker Surveyors
- Ports and Terminal Operators
- P&I Inspectors and Executives
- LNG FSU Owners, Managers, Operators
- Company Assurance Managers and Superintendents
Key Learning Objectives
- REINFORCE knowledge about operations that are carried out in accordance with all relevant national and international maritime legislation, local regulations, and industry best practices.
- EVALUATE the different procedures and factors affecting cost of the operation
- ENSURE overall safety for any LNG Bunkering operation on the use of correct size and number of fenders and certified tested hoses.
- Become FAMILIAR with LNG vessels, operations and LNG equipment
- ENHANCE understanding of Bunkering transfer equipment, design, maintenance – and training methods.
- FAMILIARISE the differences of Person in Overall Advisory Control, Mooring Master and Master of the Ship
- ESTABLISH a useful methodology in reducing risk
- UNDERSTANDING environmental challenges
- RECOGNISE and understand differences in operations and hazards between oil and gas vessels.
- UNDERSTAND requirements for LNG vessel compatibility and Optimoor studies and follow an LNG spill response case study