- This event has passed.
API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector
24th April 2017
Facilitator-led classroom training modules with study of API and ASME Codes Review of example problems and solutions. Solving practice problems and reviewing solutions. Pre-examination training to gain qualification under the API -ICP program as an Internationally recognized Pipeline Construction Inspector.
The course will provide participants with the knowledge necessary to: ·
- Successfully pass the applicable API certification exam
EFFECTIVE USE OF MAJOR CODES:-
- American Petroleum Institute and ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code ASME IX & V
- Use API's requirements during construction. inspection . repairs . and alterations .of Pipelines (API1169. 1104. 1110. API Specification 01
- Review of Welding Procedures (WPS I PQR) and Welder Performance Qualifications (WPQ)
- Study confines of ASME B31.8 and B31.4.
- Study requirements of Code of Federal Regulations (USA) 29 CFR 1910. 1926. 40 CFR 112. 122. 49 CFR 192 195.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Requirements
- ANSI Z49.1 Safety in Welding Code.
- CGA Best Practices 11.0 Edition
- INGAA Construction Safety Guidelines
- CS-S-9 Pressure Testing (Hydro/Pneumatic) Safety Guidelines
- ASO 9000:2005 QA Systems
- General Pipeline Design. Construction, Testing
Who Should Attend
Pipeline Welding Engineers, Pipeline Welding Inspectors, Pipeline Welding Supervisors, Foremen, NDT Examiners and those seeking an understanding of pipeline QA/QC will find the course useful. Also those aspiring to be qualified to API 1169 (Pipeline Construction Inspector) and personnel working in the process, oil, gas and petrochemicl industry, those who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and QA/QC personnel who work for the owner-user companies, inspection companies, fabricators, offshore fabrication, and repair companies and EPC’s from petrochemical plants, refineries, power plant gas/oil pipeline companies, resources companies.
Key Learning Objectives
The main emphasis of this program is on improving and ensuring safety through the use of owner/user or third-party Pipeline Construction Inspectors specialised in Oil and Gas requirements in a manner that protects employees. the public, and the environment. The course also provides the understanding of the requirements for fabrication, inspection and testing portions of ASME Codes for new construction and how they work with API Codes for construction, post construction inspection, repairs and alterations. It provides the process, oil, gas, petrochemical and other process industries with the assurance that personnel trained and certified under this internationally recognized program have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field. Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous program to get them well versed with the various code books and standards. including API Standards that cover maintenance, inspection. rating , repair and alteration of related equipment.