Auditing Project Performance & Controlling Projects
October 28 - October 30
Billions of dollars every year are lost on failed or challenged projects, don’t let your project be one of them! Effective measures for auditing project performance and controlling projects is the key to any project’s success. However, do you know how to validate that your project is on track, on time, within budget, and more importantly get it back on track once you discover failure is a real possibility after conducting a project audit?
Why You Should Attend
In this course, you’ll learn how to audit your baseline performance using the triple constraints of project management. Auditing the limits of time, human resources, materials, budget, and specifications is the only way to keep a project guided toward success. Additionally, in this class you will discover proven ways to work within your identified constraints, without letting predefined limits curtail creativity or innovation.
You will receive hands-on training and experience, practicing the art of auditing your project against the project requirements document, risk management plan, and budget estimate. You’ll learn the best in industry practices used to measure the triple constraints of project management and risk that ensure success and you’ll master techniques for estimating and forecasting future performance of your project.
Learn the key project management skills from a well-esteemed international project auditing and management professional. This is your chance to learn from an international expert on what it takes to succeed and how to get back on track when challenges occur through this 3-day course.
Who Should Attend
MD´s, VP´s, Directors, GM´s, CFO´s, COO´s, Financial Controllers, Heads and Senior Managers responsible for:
- Project Auditing
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Project Control / Cost Control
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Quality Assurance and Process Improvement
- Project / Project Planning
- Project Consultancies
- Architectural Division
- Strategic Procurement
- Site Management
Key Learning Points
- PINPOINT the critical criteria in evaluating capital projects to avoid waste and inefficiencies.
- EVALUATE the strengths and weaknesses in your projects.
- ADOPT a consistent process for assessing project risk using earned-value forecasting.
- MASTER how to recover a troubled project.
- CALCULATE baseline performance of projects using the triple constraints of project management.
- LEARN best-in-industry practices and benchmarks that will keep you on the path to successful, well-managed projects.
William H. Volpé III is the founder of The Volpé Consortium, Inc., the author of the bestselling business book Guide to Project Management Life Cycles, the creator of The Volpé Consortium’s proprietary project management process, the publisher of Project Victories, and the developer of a three-day project auditing seminar.
Mr. Volpé is an expert project management consultant with decades of international experience. Also, he was a Master Business Analyst and Worldwide Manufacturing Program Manager at Hewlett Packard as well as the PMO Manager for the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia.
Mr. Volpé has over 30 years of experience in project auditing and management. His experience includes several multi-million-dollar international projects and he holds an Associate Degree in Computer Engineering Technology, a Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, a Bachelor Degree in Management, a Master Certificate in Project Management, an Advanced Master Certificate in Project Management, a Professional Business Analyst Certificate, and a PMP (Project Management Professional) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Other certifications include an International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET) Journeyman in Computers, an ISCET Journeyman in Industrial Controls, an ISCET Journeyman in Communications, and an ISCET Radiotelephone License.
As a talented and experienced project management consultant, Mr. Volpé teaches classes and consults in project management internationally and his teams have included members from Germany, England, Mexico, Australia, Scotland, Taiwan, and several other countries. Throughout his professional career, Mr. Volpé has led training for almost all the project auditing and management contracts that he has executed.
Partial List of Companies:
AT&T, Citibank, Verizon Wireless, Shell, BP Oil, Exxon Mobil, Eskom Holding, Dow Chemical, FMC Technologies, the Internal Revenue Service / the United States Department of the Treasury, and the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency and many more all over the world. He has taught in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the United States.
- “Best teacher yet!” – Ryan, FMC Technologies
- “Very knowledgeable in content and excellent personal interpersonal skills.” – Clayton, Shell Exploration & Production
- “Mr. Volpe is very affective in teaching style. Used lots of real examples associated with learning materials. Mr. Volpe is very professional and knowledgeable with a hint of Charisma. Would recommend to colleagues.” – Dianna
- “Instructor was very knowledgeable.” – Verizon Wireless
- “Bill Volpe is an excellent instructor with a great arsenal of real-world scenarios. He made the course interesting and motivating.” –Schlumberger