- This event has passed.
Completion and Well Intervention (C&WI) for Non-Specialists
27th April 2015
Completion and Well Intervention are the engineering and operational steps from designing and installing a completion in a well up to performing interventions in the producing wells to maintain and restore its oil and gas production.
The C&WI is a very specialised field, with a lot of special and dedicated equipment. The application of this special equipment, its restrictions and the terminology is often alien to the Target group.
The Class addresses the gap in knowledge and teaches this Group to better understand C&WI equipment, the job design and type of operations.
The Class material touches all C&WI operations, the equipment used, the strengths and limitations of it, but does not aim at teaching all detailed capabilities of it. It is not intended at creating C&WI specialists.
Benefits Of Attending
- Understand exploration activities
- Explore how to connect the reservoir to the production facilities
- Learn about well structure and well conduit
- Understand how to have access to the reservoir from the well bore
- Learn sand control measures and recovery methods
- Get knowledge on artificial lift completions, and other production issues
- Learn intervention technologies such as coil tubing, slickline, electric wireline, snubbing unit etc
- Obtain knowledge on pumping operations, annulus integrity testing and well head maintenance
Who Should Attend
Staff for instance in the HSE discipline, Procurement, Finance and HR are all exposed to C&WI terminology that does not necessarily make sense to them. Developing their skill level on this subject will enhance their functioning and improve performance knowing what it is about. Other relevant job titles include:
- Production operations engineers
- Young graduates in production technology
- Operation engineers
- Operational HSE advisors
- Reservoir engineers
- Fresh well services engineers
- Finance staff involved in the accounting and cost allocation activities of the C&WI team