- This event has passed.
Contract and Contractor Management for Maintenance and Turnaround Management of Process Plants
September 23 - September 25
Refineries, petrochemical plants and power plants are all major investments. Ongoing care and maintenance of the assets can involve up to 50% of the initial capital investment over the life of the plant. Increasing use is being made of contractors to support the maintenance and turnarounds of the plants, and contractors are developing specialised and focused capabilities that good clients can exploit to the overall benefit of the client and the contractor. The use of contractors to support maintenance and turnarounds can add a lot of value, however, the relationships are complex and there are many different contract styles available. The purpose of this training is to address the following topics in order to optimise the management of contracts and contractors.
Who Should Attend
This 3-day workshop is designed to be beneficial to all contractors involved in the maintenance and turnaround business it would be also of benefit to anyone interested in optimising their Management of contracts and contractors by the application of a proven and approach and Methodology.
It is especially useful to:-
• Contractors wishing to engage in a progressive and customer-focused relationship with their clients
• Contractors wishing to broaden their turnaround management competencies
• Contractors wishing to offer a totally integrated service to clients
• Turnaround managers and engineers who are responsible for managing contracts and contractors
• Procurement managers responsible for contractor selection and awarding contracts
• Maintenance and turnaround managers and engineers who have responsibility for managing contractors
Key Learning Objectives
• How to Tender process and range of factors for contractor selection
• HOW to the organisation of client and contractor to achieve total organisation integration
• Effective Managing of the contract, contractor and client
• How to Monitor and control using Key Performance Indicators
• Develop Long term “Partnering” approach to assist clients