About this Training Course
Investigating a worksite incident – a fatality, injury, illness, or close call – provides employers and workers the opportunity to identify hazards in their operations and shortcomings in their safety and health programs. Most importantly, it enables employers and workers to identify and implement the corrective actions necessary to prevent future incidents.
Incident investigations that focus on identifying and correcting root causes, not on finding fault or blame, also improve workplace morale and increase productivity, by demonstrating an employer’s commitment to a safe and healthful workplace.
This course provides the delegates with an overview of incident investigation. The motivation for this course is to outline a procedure of incident investigation that is objective and satisfies most regulatory requirements. The aim is to learn the lessons, determine the root cause of the incident and develop effective measures to avoid such incidents in future.
Who Should Attend
- O&M (Operations and Maintenance) professionals who are keen to attain a holistic and integrated overview of incident investigation and reporting
- HSE Staff, Support Functions Professionals, Administration Managers, Procurement Managers, Finance Executives, Corporate Services Executives
- Labor Union representatives
- ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals
- Corporate Planning Professionals
Key Learning Objectives
At the end of this four day program, participants will be able to:
- Achieve a comprehensive overview of incident investigation and reporting
- Learn how to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- Develop understanding of how to analyzing incidents to identify root causes
- Get awareness about the human relations aspects of incident reporting
- Determine which data to include in investigation reports
- Develop understanding of Hazard control measures and follow-up