- This event has passed.
Effective Well Integrity Management along WIF Guidelines
25th May 2016
Well Integrity Management should have the highest priority and attention in each E&P Company. It is simply about protecting the most valuable Asset of the Company, preventing costly environmental incidents and whilst protecting the Operators reputation, it is securing extension of Production licenses and/or securing future licenses; being the Operator of Choice.
It therefore makes full sense to invest in the right equipment in design for sustained integrity, have the correct management processes in place and a competent Well Integrity Team.
The Well Integrity discipline is to be a career development step for engineers in the organisation. It needs to be part of the skill profile of each manager in Wells, Production Operations and Petroleum Engineering discipline group.On a Global level, there are very little official Policies and Guidelines for Well Integrity Management. Most such documents reside with the Operators, whilst most Government do not have Governance, nor the competence to enforce.
This Class teaches staff to become competent in the Well Integrity Management. The Class follows the Norwegian Petroleum Authority’s Well Integrity Forum’s advised curriculum. It finishes with an exam and upon passing the candidate receives a certificate® of competence in Well Integrity design and management issued by Lowlands Management Consultancy. The landscape of WIM does not have official certification yet like IWCF. This certificate® from a well established and recognized consultant like Lowlands, who have proven track record on management level in WIM in one of the largest Operators, is certainly a good first step. It shall be noted in this context that other lecturers are from field supervisor’s level background or from the Service Industry.
Only by learning from a trainer who has worked at a management level with an Operator, you can appreciate the full spectrum of well issues such as which policies are most effective, what to expect and what to check from vendors, to the whole package needed to do your well integrity justice and maximise Ultimate Recovery from the reservoir. Ultimately the Operator is fully accountable for the integrity management of its wells; to the Government and to shareholders.
Who Should Attend
Personnel directly responsible and or involved in Well Integrity are to have the recommended training.
- Well Integrity team members
- NOC Well Integrity enforcing Authorities
- Senior Production operation personnel OIM, production managers, Field coordinators
- Drilling/completion/intervention engineers
- Service-company Sr field engineers and operators with delegated responsibilities in well integrity
Key Learning Points
- Discuss and teach completion design topics to create an “integer” well with lowest life cycle maintenance cost from a WIM prospective
- Get familiarise with concepts and principles of Well Integrity Management system and identify roles and responsibility in the organization
- Analyse well integrity failure modes, its effects and mitigating actions
- Determine management system to follow up the well integrity issues emerging from tests in the field
- Explore different techniques to prevent internal and external well integrity issues like corrosion
- Develop preventive maintenance strategies to manage the well integrity issues
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com