- This event has passed.
21st November 2016
This 3-day course is designed to provide an insight into the rapid development now occurring in design and construction of FLNG facilities. It covers technical and operational aspects involved in establishing an FLNG facility and reviews recent developments, FLNG project status and certification requirements. As an introduction, the course briefly reviews the LNG chain, development and status of LNG trade and the advantages of relocating liquefaction and regasification facilities offshore. It describes liquefaction, regasification, storage and transfer technologies and major equipment, and provides insights into the unique design and operational challenges of producing LNG offshore.
Benefits Of Attending
- Gain an insight into the development and background of the LNG industry and the role of FLNG in the overall LNG supply chain
- Understand the physical properties of LNG and typical specifications for production and trading
- Examine the technical components required to establish a FLNG operational system including gas treating, liquefaction, storage, transfer, offloading
- Describe FLNG technologies, processes and equipment
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of an FLNG facility compared with onshore LNG
- Determine equipment considerations for FLNG
- Review the development of floating LNG regasification and contributions to FLNG technology development
- Identify FLNG certification requirements and the role of classification societies in FLNG projects
- Review design and operational challenges involved in producing LNG offshore
- Appreciate risks to personnel and equipment on an FLNG facility and the safety issues which must be addressed in design and operation
- Appreciate safety and integration aspects of LNG production on a floating facility
- Identify the current status of projects/developments around the world
- Gain insight into the economics of FLNG in relation to other links in the LNG supply chain
Who Should Attend
This course will be of interest to engineers involved in the design, construction and operation of FLNG facilities as well as commercial and management staff seeking an overview.
It is suitable for engineers new to FLNG and those seeking to work in the FLNG sector, as well as operational, maintenance, technical and administrative staff, legal and finance personnel.
It will also be beneficial to specialists needing to gain a broader understanding of the FLNG sector.
Prior knowledge of LNG processes and facilities would be useful but not essential – the course will briefly review LNG processing before focussing on FLNG aspects.
Our definitive portal, The Power Times provides information and news on power generation, transmission and distribution entities. There is in-depth coverage of projects, contracts and business news, to technological innovations and improvements, and to future market trends. We offer technology-focused e-newsletters, company search via online product and company directories. Other facilities include job postings, events calendar, interactive news commentary, blogging, social media connections, technology basics and much more.
We are, The Hotel Times an online hospitality news portal to provide quality information to hoteliers and industry consultants. The portal serves a worldwide audience of hospitality professionals, providing them with both daily updated content and interactive services. The site offers industry news, multimedia streamed features, discussion platforms, a recruitment center, a supplier marketplace and several focus areas in areas such as technology and sales & marketing.
The Pharma Times portal provides pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and others in the industry with the most comprehensive suite of web-based tools and pharma information available. The vast pharmaceutical and biotech industry is comprehensively covered to keep you up-to-date on breaking news, company announcements, trends and analysis.
The SME Times portal present articles that provide actionable information for small business owners and their employees, and aspiring entrepreneurs. Profiles of entrepreneurs will be inspirational making you learn how to be one and progress to the next level. Our support to the small business community has resulted in an online discussion forum to share ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage each other.
The Property Times presents real estate news, information, advice, research, opinion and commentary for industry professionals and consumers alike. We are dedicated to sharing input from industry professionals, articles on breaking news, and statistics showing exactly what’s going on in the market. With up-to-date news published by our organization, investors stay informed on local and national trends. Thus a more informed decision leads to making higher net returns.
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com