Gas Sales & Transportation Agreements provides you with a detailed hands-on guide to the drafting, negotiation and interpretation of natural gas trading and transportation contracts.The following topics are presented in the course:
Gas supply and demand, the parties involved, upstream agreements and their impacts on GSAs and GTAs, project finance, construction and selecting the contract format that is most suited to the market.
In-depth discussion of GSAs and GTAs
Alternative pricing systems for natural gas, parties and collateral support, contracting process, terms and effectiveness, quantities, rates and reserves, price review provisions, take-or-pay, gas transportation agreements and tariff methodology, reserving pipeline capacity and expansion obligations.
Force majeure impacts on take-or-pay, balancing deliveries between producers and pipelines, establishing gas delivery procedures for multiple pipeline users, preparing billing invoices and production statements.
Benefits of Attending
- EXPLAIN the critical components of the agreements which set out the terms between buyers, sellers, transporters and shippers, leading to the sale, storage and transportation of gas.
- DISCUSS the contracting process of GSAs and GTAs
- FORMULATE an approach to effective contract negotiations
- PINPOINT the key issues and SUGGEST solutions to problems that can arise
- IDENTIFY the legal and commercial issues involved at each stage, from quality specification and force majeure to liabilities, limitations and dispute resolution, and LEARN how they should be handled in the contract
- GAIN knowledge of transportation tariff determination methodologies
- LEARN detailed conditions of access to natural gas transmission networks including provision for network codes and system rules
Who Should Attend
Oil and gas professionals involved in negotiation or management of Gas Sales Agreements / Gas Transportation Agreements will benefit from this workshop. Some job titles include:
- Contract Managers / Specialists / Analysts / Executives
- Legal Counsels / Managers / Advisors
- Business Development Managers / Executives
- Marketing Managers
- Commercial Managers / Advisors
- Gas Sales Managers
- Energy Procurement Managers