- This event has passed.
Steam and Gas Turbines – Design, Selection, Operation and Maintenance
25th September 2017 - 27th September 2017
This aim is to provide satisfactory approach to the problems posed by turbines and the means to solve them. This 3-day course will cover gas and steam turbine components, operations, maintenance, performance, applications and asset management. This is an interactive course including exercises and group discussions on all aspects covered by the course.
The course will begin with a look at the thermodynamic laws and principals involved in gas and steam turbine operation and continue with applications and components of the Rankine and Brayton Cycles. Combined cycle and cogeneration applications and configurations are discussed as well as the balance of plant requirements for these applications with a detailed look at steam turbines and components.
Gas turbines and components including auxiliaries are discussed along with operational issues. Performance of steam and gas turbines and how to optimise their performance will be discussed along with performance calculations and a discussion on performance testing.
Who should attend
The seminar will benefit anyone who wishes to update themselves on Centrifugal Compressors and Gas/ Steam Turbines, judge the suitability of them for their needs, and learn how to operate and maintain them for the benefit of their organisations.
Job titles include but are not limited to:
- Supervisors in Maintenance/Engineering/Production/Operations
- Team Leaders in Maintenance/Engineering/Production/Operations
- Managers in Maintenance/Engineering/Production/Operation
Key Learning Objectives
- Grasp the practical O&M issues of gas and steam turbines
- Understand and describe the benefits and disadvantages of various CHP and CoGen configurations
- Be able to benchmark O&M of gas and steam turbines
- Examine the importance of timely, accurate condition assessments in today’s economic environment
- Understand and operate systems associated with gas and steam turbines.
- Balance costs and risks associated with O&M practices
- Estimate the performance and health of the power plant accurately
- Design a more precise and realistic maintenance schedule for turbine plant and allocate resources effectively
- Understand the importance of integrated resource planning techniques and practices
In-house Trainings Available Upon Request. Contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org