- This event has passed.
Storage Tank Management (Bulk Liquid)
24th April 2017
In the recent past, 4 personnel were killed in an AST related incident in the UK, 8 in Kazakhstan, 2 in Singapore.
How can our industry justify such a track record in the 21st century?
Learn how to avoid such incidents by effectively managing your above ground storage tanks in just 3 days.
Failing to maintain your AST’s can have catastrophic results such as loss of asset, cost of environmental remediation,loss of product, , adverse publicity and falling foul of your Government’s Environment Agency to name a few, and we could add to this list the potential to cause loss of life.
Who Should Attend
Managers and Engineers :
- Corrosion Control
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Operations and Maintenance
- Loss Prevention
- Technical and Mechanical
- Production and Process
- Project Planning 3 Tank Design
- Tank Farm
- Tank Repair
- LNG Terminals 3 Power
- Terminal Operations
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Oil and Gas
Key Learning objectives
- LEARN how it is possible to recover the valuable element of tank residues thereby reducing the volume / cost of off-site waste disposal and benefiting from the value of recovery
- APPRECIATE the fundamentals of Atmospheric Storage Tanks (AST) design
- BE MADE AWARE of innovative technologies designed to reduce / eliminate man-entry into the confi ned space
- UNDERSTAND how to dramatically reduce the time required to prepare your AST for inspection and repair
- CONSIDER the application of Non-Destructive Examination to assess the condition of your AST in both the on-stream and off-stream situation
- ADDRESS the decisions to be made when optimising your in-service storage life-cycle against the Repair Plan
- EVALUATE the scope of mechanical repairs to foundation, tank bottom, tank shell and roof
- COMPARE the value of upgrading your AST during the maintenance project.