- This event has passed.
The Team Leader and Manager Key Skills Workshop: the toolkit for success
4th September 2020 - 7th September 2020
A three-day programme designed specifically to allow delegates to explore and understand key tools that will help them in their role of being a manager. As one delegate put it “the course I wish I had years ago when I started managing people”.
Many people find themselves in the position of a manager without necessarily having had any training to support the new role, a role which is substantially deferent from their former one. If that sounds like you, then this short course is perfect as a way to build your tool kit and feel more in control. As you start your journey. Maybe you have been in a manager role for some time but feel that the addition of some key tools or brushing up on some of those you use would help improve your role.
An engaging course during which delegates will not only be provided with an extensive collection of management tools and templates but through having ample opportunity to discuss and test them through debate, exercise, case studies and role-play will also have the confidence to put them to effective use once back in the business environment.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people who are doing the job of a manager and know that if only they had some structured training to help them it would make all the difference to how they feel and perform, essentially:
- Anyone who has responsibility for teams.
- Anyone who is about to or is being prepared for a team leader or management role and not only needs to know but needs to be able to use the essential skills for success in that role.
- Anyone who has found themselves in a team leader or manager role but has not had the benefit of formal leadership and management training.
- Anyone who has had some leadership and management training but recognises that with a refresh of their skills they and their teams could probably perform better.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, you have developed your leadership and management skills and will feel confident to:
- Understand the essence of good team leadership and management.
- Be able to apply the right qualities to develop both yourself and your team.
- Build a personal development framework within which to grow both professionally and personally.
- Feel confident with communicating clearly and effectively whether in a 1:2:1, team or wider / public setting.
- Recognise that different people require a different style of managing. Understand what is required and be able to confidently deliver that.
- Understand what motivation is really all about.
- Set clear, yet challenging targets and objectives that serve to motivate yourself and your team.
- Understand the team development process, how to recognise the warning signs and to keep progress on track.
- Apply a variety of skills and tools to continually enhance your role and your team’s performance.
- Understand what happens to people when they are in a changing environment and be able to build support strategies for you and them.