- This event has passed.
Water Management in Mining
18th August 2016
Water resource management is an integral input in mining. There is increasing focus on recognising the importance of managing water resources in a responsible way. Both mining companies and regulators are entrusted with the responsibility of increasing the efficiency of water usage. This workshop serves to update you on responsible methodologies to manage water.
The lack of sound mine water management is a common cause of license violations, an impediment to sustainable water management and an expensive cost to mine projects if left unaddressed. The goal of integrated mine water management planning is to provide advance planning and pro-active intervention to ensure the compatibility between project aims and community needs.
Key Learning Points Include:
- Supporting efforts to establish and implement an effective programme that addresses the key environmental concerns
- Exemplifying which environmental impacts are caused by mining and how the hydrogeological and ecological surroundings might be altered and can be limited
- Covering integrated mine water supply and shortage, design, mine modelling and planning
- Allowing for groundwater vulnerability, impact assessment, supply and conservation
- Implementing water quality monitoring programmes
- Developing an effective information management system to minimise overlap in data collection and development, to save resources and maximise the usefulness of data developed
- Increasing the understanding and applications of the best technology available for water supply managers to integrate into the mining industry
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com