- This event has passed.
Well Completions and Intervention with Rein Maatjes
7th September 2016
Oil and Gas wells are the single most valuable Assets for The Operator with the highest cash flow generation capability. Their continued “healthy” condition, sustained Well Integrity Pressure envelope is vital to an optimum production level.
This Class teaches the audience of the importance of best in class completion design and well intervention operations to cater for highest level of Well Reservoir
Maintenance-WRM, fastest restoration of lost production and about maintaining Well Integrity.
“Rein has been a constant source of technical and managerial advice, able to bring a deep holistic understanding to any Well Services issues, regardless of the level of the problem. He has a complete knowledge and experience across all aspects of Well Servicing, which he is only too happy to share with the entire team.”
~Iain MacDonald, Senior Well Intervention Engineer (SubSea), Shell
“Rein is a highly experienced well services professional with excellent technical discipline skills. He has good mentoring, coaching and facilitation skills. He was able to propose and implement significant improvements to development well completion design within a tight deadline and despite the poor support infrastructure.”
~Erik Koppe, Drilling Operations Manager, Addax Petroleum
This class equips delegates with a full understanding of completion design and installation, the part the completion takes in Well Integrity barriers, and risks of converting wells to injectors or artificial lifting including mitigation methods.
• Understand completion design and installation
• Understand the Well Integrity Barrier element of each Completion accessory
• Understand Well Reservoir Management and its subsequent interventions
• Understand Well Intervention activities to restore Production and/or Well Integrity
Well intervention planning and candidate selection is discussed, to enable understanding of the value of optimizing resources and measuring return on investment by explaining Scorpion plots.
This Class is very much run as a Workshop, exercises will be done in groups, as the discussions leading to an answer and experience/thoughts of others, add value to delegates. Case history presentations are part of the curriculum, often resulting in a group exercise to find the root cause of the particular case. The groups do a close out presentation and all answers are discussed together with the Course Director’s actual answer.
The class will have a three-day duration covering all steps of the Subject Matter.
Who Should Attend
- Completion Engineer
- Workover Engineer
- Well Services / Intervention Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Drilling Engineer
- Well Site Engineer
- All who are involved with well completion, workover , intervention and production
Your Distinguished Course Director
CEO, Lowlands Management Consultancy
Rein Maatjes is a well-known and respected Well Services Operation specialist. He spent 35 years with Shell, in various management positions around the world.
- The Technical Authority for Well Integrity at Shell
- Involved in creating a global standard system for Well Integrity Management System at Shell
- Involved in the setting-up of Shell’s global Well Engineering Training Matrix,
- Co-author of several SPE papers
- Part of a Shell team that has set the fastest offshore development from drilling an exploration well to 4,500 mtr, abandon it, re-drill a production well till putting the well in production. Today, this record still stands.
- Gold Chairman’s Award (2010) by H.E. the Minister of Oil and Gas in Oman, for a High Pressure Fracturing Operation modus operandi
- Reduced cost for daily paraffin removal by 90% in remote jungle environment
- Completion design evolution in the Rabi field, taking wells from 1,250 BPD to 15,000 BPD from the same reservoir
- Familiar with both onshore and offshore operations
- Design and installation of extended reach (7,800m) 7” water injection wells on arctic platform
- Managed fracturing operations in the world’s highest in situ rock strength
- Early development of HP gas well fracturing methodology in tight reservoir
His Partial Client List includes:
- Petronas-Carigali Snd Bhd, Malaysia
- Petronas Snd Bhd PMU, Malaysia
- PTTEP, Thailand
- Qatar Petroleum Development Company (QPDC) Qatar
- Petrofrac Malaysia
- Maersk Middle East
- Petarmina, Indonesia
- ENI, India
- FMC Dubai
- Intetec Ltd, Malaysia
- Shell Gabon. Gabon
- Woodside Energy Australia
- Conoco Indonesia
- China National Logging Corporation (CNLC)
- New Field Malaysia
- Murphy Oil Corp Malaysia
- Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company KPOC