- This event has passed.
World Class HSE Management in High Hazard Industries
August 16 - August 19
About this Training Course
The management of the risks associated with Health, Safety and Environmental HSE, threats to a business is becoming increasingly complex and as part of any credible global business, needs to be managed by an Executive Team, supported by the Board of Directors in a consistent, systematic manner.
Major accidents have also shown, that major accident events can result in consequences beyond what the management envisage, resulting in a situation that escalates beyond the capacity of the company to recover both financially and reputationally. The 2010 Deepwater well blow-out accident is an example, whereby the company had to deal with a significant financial penalty associated with the environmental impact as well as the personnel casualties and reputational damage.
During this course, participants will discover the real HSE challenges that face the Executive Management team and their sub-ordinate managers and staff within global business developing and operating high hazard facilities in the upstream, mid-stream and downstream oil, gas, petrochemicals and elated business segments. The course will describe the basic HSSEQ management systems in place for both occupational and process safety hazards and the different aspects requiring control to ensure risks are controlled to As Low as Is Reasonably Practicable, ALARP through the people, processes and plant utilised in the business.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate HSE Directors, managers and advisors
- Operational HSE managers and advisors
- Process safety managers and specialists
- Asset integrity managers and engineers
- Quality assurance managers and quality control inspectors
- Maintenance managers and engineers
- Corporate HSE audit Personnel
- Purchasers of HSE Support Services
- Project managers and engineers
- Project compliance engineers
- Insurance managers to the oil and gas industry
- Risk managers
- Specialists in oil and gas finance, due diligence,
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business Owners
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn best practices used by major global companies in the development of occupational and major hazard
HSE management systems.
- Understand how to develop organizational structures and HSE critical competency to ensure businesses reduce
HSE risks and create High Reliability Organizations, HROs.
- Gain in depth knowledge from a recognized expert in investigating major accidents, including incident reporting, data gathering, taking witness statements and the application of incident causation analysis.
- Gain knowledge of technical safety concepts applied to major hazards, bow-tie developments for barrier
management and the importance of leadership and managing human factors to ensure risks are controlled ALARP.
- Build knowledge of how Executive Teams and their line / functional managers control HSE risks in the business and how HSE Managers conduct annual ISO Management Reviews and the definition and reporting
of Key Performance Indicators.
- Learn about the regulatory framework applicable in various regions of the world and how companies develop and manage their Regulatory Compliance Plans for projects and operations, essential to maintaining their license to operate