- This event has passed.
API 580/521: Risk Based Inspection
28th September 2016
The challenge of maintaining process equipment and applying cost effective inspection strategies can significantly contribute to an organisation’s bottom line. An effective Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Program can contribute towards the management of preventing unscheduled shutdowns and assist in the analysis and planning of inspection activities.
This 3-day workshop will provide and incite in how to implement a RBI Program with reference to API 580/581. Candidates will gain an appreciation of how inspection activities can be developed based on a risk assessment and management process, identify the information required to complete the process, and develop cost effective mitigation plans to manage risks at the equipment level.
Who Should Attend
- Plant Managers and Superintendents
- Inspection/Reliability Engineers
- Asset Integrity Specialists/Engineers
- Turnaround Managers
- Bulk Storage Terminal Facility Engineers and Managers
- Representatives from Upstream/downstream Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Chemical and Power industry,
- Organisations considering the implementation of a RBI Program or wanting to further develop their RBI Program
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop a thorough understanding of Risk Based Inspection and the RBI process. Describe the purpose and potential benefit of RBI
- Understand the RBI project implementation steps and personnel required in starting or further developing a successful program
- Identify various risk assessment processes
- Understand data collection sources and common data collection pitfalls
- Establish critical elements in inspection record writing (checklist vs narrative reports) and understand the importance of inspection history
- Identify damage mechanisms and how methods of inspection can influence inspection confidence
- Identify data required in determining probability of failure and consequence
- Understand how risk analysis differs between specific equipment types
- Understand how criticality can influence an inspection plan
- Identify how to develop inspection plans for specific equipment types
- Understand how strategy and grouping can be utilised
- Understand how to manage risk through inspection activities and how to manage inspection cost with RBI
- Identify when and how to apply RBI for inspection deferrals and alternative inspection methods
Our definitive portal, The Power Times provides information and news on power generation, transmission and distribution entities. There is in-depth coverage of projects, contracts and business news, to technological innovations and improvements, and to future market trends. We offer technology-focused e-newsletters, company search via online product and company directories. Other facilities include job postings, events calendar, interactive news commentary, blogging, social media connections, technology basics and much more.
We are, The Hotel Times an online hospitality news portal to provide quality information to hoteliers and industry consultants. The portal serves a worldwide audience of hospitality professionals, providing them with both daily updated content and interactive services. The site offers industry news, multimedia streamed features, discussion platforms, a recruitment center, a supplier marketplace and several focus areas in areas such as technology and sales & marketing.
The Pharma Times portal provides pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and others in the industry with the most comprehensive suite of web-based tools and pharma information available. The vast pharmaceutical and biotech industry is comprehensively covered to keep you up-to-date on breaking news, company announcements, trends and analysis.
The SME Times portal present articles that provide actionable information for small business owners and their employees, and aspiring entrepreneurs. Profiles of entrepreneurs will be inspirational making you learn how to be one and progress to the next level. Our support to the small business community has resulted in an online discussion forum to share ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage each other.
The Property Times presents real estate news, information, advice, research, opinion and commentary for industry professionals and consumers alike. We are dedicated to sharing input from industry professionals, articles on breaking news, and statistics showing exactly what’s going on in the market. With up-to-date news published by our organization, investors stay informed on local and national trends. Thus a more informed decision leads to making higher net returns.
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com