Why Choose this Training Course
The training course provides an in depth understanding of the application of principles and practices involved in major shut-down/turnarounds and maintenance activities, including the management of ageing assets. The workshop which is run on a module basis addresses the core processes of organization, work listing, planning, preparation, execution, shutdown/start up management, along with support activities such as costs, contractor management, auditing, quality and safety.
This course provides engineers with the skills and confidence they need to contribute effectively in positions of responsibili-ty in the modern Reliability and Maintenance organisation. This course covers the fundamentals of maintenance, shutdown, turnaround and reliability management, and develops from this to introduce and explain best practise approaches that have been developed and used successfully in the process industries. The course is highly interactive, and the presenters will provide opportunity for attendees to discuss and develop improvement ideas for their own organisations.
Each module offers a practical approach with exercises and examples that draw out and develop participants learning and experience in addition to that offered by the workshop.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Engineers and personnel who would benefit from a hand on approach to the management of shutdown/turn-arounds/maintenance. It would also benefit Operations and Maintenance personnel who need to understand how their organizations would integrate with Shutdown/Turnaround Management.
Key Learning Objectives
- ENHANCEMENT of the company’s strategic Shutdown/Turnaround capabilities
- IMPROVEMENT of the company’s approach to planning and scheduling
- FRAMEWORKS for effective turnaround execution
- THE UNIQUE safety requirements of turnarounds
- THE “ONE TEAM” approach to turnarounds
- ENSURING a safe and orderly transfer from Shutdown/Turnaround phase to Start-up phase
- PROVIDE a comprehensive knowledge base for turnarounds
- DEMONSTRATE the latest planning techniques for turnarounds
- SHARING experiences, ideas and issues