About this Training Course
This program is designed for in-depth understanding of storage tanks with fixed and floating roofs, their basic design
principles as per American Petroleum Institute API 650 standard. This fundamental course will prepare aspiring storage tank inspectors and maintenance staff to comply with industry best practices, API 653 framework and manage these large assets economically and get maximum from these costlier asset investments. Learn practical ways to design inspection programs to manage the integrity and compliance to regulations. This course will help participants to appreciate testing methods, how to conduct repairs, re-rate, perform alterations or even shift tank from one place to another to save on costs, apply principles of similar service assessment, use of modern technology such as bottom scans, use of drones, AI and preparing tanks for shutdown etc.
Who Should Attend
The preparatory course will assist technicians, operators, supervisor’s and engineers in successfully managing storage tank assets and have inspection programs complying to current standards and best practices and get prepared for API 653 examinations that are conducted by API through their authorized pro metric test centres.
For Whom: operators, technicians, engineers, static asset professionals, RBI personnel, supervisors and managers
involved in the design, operations, maintenance and upkeep of storage tank assets, personnel involved in implementing integrity management programs of storage assets, Project managers, Operation and
Maintenance Engineers are encouraged to attend this course.
Key Learning Objectives
The training program will include instructions, guidelines and orientation to:
- Understanding the engineering aspects of managing storage tanks. Performing hydro-static tests, scheduling inspections – external & internal.
- Understanding common tank terminology, types, classification, integrity management program.
- Understand common damage mechanisms particular to tanks, defects such as settlement creeping during the various stages of life cycle, use appropriate inspection and NDT.
- Methods for evaluation of tank roofs, shell, bottom plates, annular ring, etc. Understand and perform basic integrity calculations.
- This training course is designed to train individuals who are interested in a career as storage tank inspectors,
engineers & managers, and projects management.