- This event has passed.
Succession Management Masterclass
27th June 2022 - 30th June 2022
One event on 25th July 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 5th September 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 4th October 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 3rd April 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 5th June 2023 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 4-day succession management training course. Who will lead your organization into the future? Have they been identified? Are they prepared to lead effectively in light of shifting trends, new business practices, and a more diverse employee population? How do you more precisely take action on creating current and long-term sustainability for your organization?
The term “succession management” has been used to describe a wide variety of activities that involve planning for key transitions in leadership within organizations. Researchers and practitioners alike are continually looking for ways to start or improve such programs and to determine what to focus on in these types of programs and how to do it right. This research has shown that organizations with better operational results are more likely to have succession planning programs yet only 40-65% (depending on different research conclusions) of organizations have formal succession planning processes in place.
Many organizations are faced with the need to coordinate the start-up or improvement of a comprehensive succession management system and integrate it into a comprehensive talent management effort. However, they often wonder where to start and what to do. This succession management training will provide a comprehensive approach to guide the succession management effort.
Who Should Attend
Anyone charged with creating and implementing sustainable people practices for their organization. Leaders and managers representing all functions/levels in small to mid-size, large, family owned, and entrepreneurs looking to develop key leadership teams will find this program valuable. Overall, those wanting to ensure effective talent management strategies, sustained organizational performance, and aligned and effective people management practices should attend.
Key Learning Objectives
Upon completing this online session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for succession management
- Review the essential components of a succession management system and plan for adding or revising components
- Determine whether you have top management support
- Link succession plans to HR plans and organizational strategy
- Select governing values and competencies to be developed
- Focus on the process of competency modeling as keys to succession management
- Identify the assessment methods to identify future potential
- Define key terms and review tools necessary in building succession management systems
- Describe a big-picture model governing talent management and succession management
- Explain how to implement a practical succession management and talent management program