- This event has passed.
Advanced Cost Effective Wastewater Treatment
4th December 2017 - 6th December 2017
This workshop is designed to present current state-of-the-art approaches to technology evaluations and selection for the most cost-effective industrial wastewater management. Basic design and operational fundamentals of the major unit processes in use today will be chemical addition and operational complexities. Comparisons between leading technologies will be critically presented and debated in the classroom. The workshop discussions will be open and on-going during the lecture presentations.
Who Should Attend
The course is oriented towards the industrial sectors of Oil & Gas (upstream and downstream), Organic Chemicals (including Pharmaceuticals), and the Coking Process of the Steel Industry. The course material is a “hands on” application. The information will benefit designers, operators and managers who are pursuing the top performance of established technologies in the most cost-effective manner. All appropriate technologies will be presented.
This course would be relevant to the following job titles (list is not exhaustive):
- Plant Manager
- Section Head
- Sr Manager/Manager
- Section Head
- Staff Engineer
- Research Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Operations Engineer
- Operation Specialist
working in the fields of Wastewater, Environmental Management, Facility Management, HSE Engineering, Chemicals, Process Management, Power Generation etc.
Key Learning Objectives
- Evaluate the fundamental and scientific basis governing the design and performance of wastewater treatment technologies.
- Appreciate the key design parameters behind a cost effective wastewater treatment plant
- Understand the role of each unit process within typical treatment process trains, their interaction and the context of when they are applied
- Achieve a deeper understanding of activated sludge fundamentals and expectations
- Understand how sludge handling and o -gas control can be made more e ective
- Optimise oil & grease removal, PH control and equalisation
- Explore real case studies and gain practical knowledge you can apply immediately back in your organisation
In-house Trainings Available Upon Request. Contact us now at email@example.com