Here at Opus Kinetic, Our courses are value for money as we ensure that we provide quality, well-researched courses that sets us apart from the rest. We take pride in training - believing in what is ethically right - as we uphold and value organizational integrity.
While the prices of each course differ, we ensure top-notch quality in every training.
Our prestigious courses further equip you with extensive skill sets and contents you and your team needs to ensure maximization of output and productivity growth for the company.
Under the guidance of our world-class trainers, we have transformed not just the key players, but also their companies - with ROIs multiply by several-folds and large marginal increase.
Interested participants can sign up by for your desired courses by filing up the enquiry form of each course. We will then reach out to you as soon as we can to acquire a seat for you and your team. Seats are limited and on first come first serve basis.
API 936 Examinations FAQs
Apply For Certification
- Create an account and submit an application on the ICP Portal.
- For instructions on how to create an account, please review ICP's login guidelines.
- Be prepared to provide contact information for each employer listed who can verify your employment dates, skills and experience.
- It is only necessary to provide employer information for the years of experience required for qualification.
- Be prepared to upload pertinent documentation, such as educational diplomas, transcripts, certifications or bank documentation for electronic transfer/wire payments.
- All diplomas and transcripts need to be professionally translated into English.
- See API's Payment Policy for information about paying by check or electronic transfer.
- Changes and additions cannot be made to the Employment History section of an application after it has been submitted.
- The minimum experience necessary MUST be documented on the application upon submission. Read the Qualification Requirements for your program.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements or do not contain all the necessary information will be marked as unqualified. Unqualified candidates are not eligible for a refund of their application fee. Please review the Refund Policy for more information.
- Applications are processed based on the most up-coming exam and then on the order that they are received. The processing of your application may take up to six weeks, so for the best selection of exam dates and locations, do not delay in submitting your application.
- If you qualify to take the exam, but your application is incomplete, you will receive a deficiency email specifying the information needed to proceed. Your application must be fully complete before you can be certified - even if you pass the exam.
After completing the steps above, you can click here to Schedule Exams.
What To Expect On Exam Day
- Test Center Regulations – Includes ID requirements, what to bring to the testing center, and what is expected of candidates.
- Papers and reference books are not allowed in computer testing centers.
- There will be a brief tutorial on the computer-based testing experience before the exam begins. Please note that the certification name and number of questions will reflect your specific exam on exam day. Review the tutorial for your program - Surpass Exam Tutorial
- You will have access to a calculator, scratch paper and pencil.
- Prometric testing centers feature superb security procedures. To preview the check-in procedures at one of their testing centers, view their video.
- Biometric fingerprint screening is required only in the country of India.
- Candidates will receive preliminary score reports via email from Prometric within 24 hours of testing.
The API 936 Refractory Personnel certification candidate must have knowledge of installation, inspection, testing and repair of refractory linings.
- Quality Control
- Physical Property Requirements
- Inspection Documentation
- Material Qualification Testing
- Applicator Qualification Testing
- As-installed Testing
- Test Specimen Preparation
- Test Procedures
- Post Installation
Questions on the API 936 examination are derived from the publications listed in the Effectivity Sheet. At a minimum, the examination covers the following criteria defined by API STD 936 Refractory Installation Quality Control Guidelines – Inspection and Testing Monolithic Refractory Linings and Materials, as well as other reference materials listed on the program’s Effectivity Sheet.
API 936 Publications Effectivity Sheet For April - August 2019 exams
Refer to the API 936 Body of Knowledge for the specific topics included in the examination.
API 936 Body of Knowledge For April - August 2019 exams
- The API 936 exam is 3.25 hours long.
- There are 75 questions, all multiple-choice and closed-book. Paper and reference materials are not allowed into the examinations.
- The certification term for API 936 Refractory Personnel is three years.
- At this time, employment verification is not required to recertify.
- You may apply for recertification 90 days prior to the certification expiration date. Apply online in the ICP Portal.
- API also allows a 90-day grace period for submitting a recertification application. Late fees will apply.
- If an application is not submitted by the end of the 90-day grace period, the certification will expire. A new application and fees must be submitted, and the candidate must pass a full examination in order to be recertified.
- Circumstances such as heavy work schedule or work in other countries or remote areas do not relieve the inspector/examiner of the responsibility to file a timely renewal application.
API 936 Recertification Web Quiz (Effective June 1, 2018)
API 936 Recertification Publications Effectivity Sheet (Valid beginning June 1, 2018)
- Certified API 936 Refractory personnel are required to take an online, open-book quiz every six years in order to recertify.
- The quiz is available 90 days prior to your expiration date and for a grace period of 90 days after. The quiz will not be available beyond this grace period, or after your certification has expired.
- You may take the quiz either before or after you submit your recertification application.
- To take your recertification quiz, or to determine if a quiz is needed for your current certification, log into your account in the ICP Portal. If a web quiz is due, there will be a notification at the top of your 936 certification page with a link that will take you to the quiz. You may also go directly to the Web Quiz Gateway. If a quiz is needed, you will see a notification in bold red stating that a quiz is required.
NOTE: Your Web Quiz log is the same username and password that you use to log into your account in the ICP Portal.
- Each quiz has 25 questions that address the changes in the relevant API codes over the past six years.
- You have a total of four hours to complete the quiz, and it may be paused or interrupted up to three times.
- If you fail the quiz once you will be able to take it again. If you fail the quiz a second time you will not be able to recertify. You will need to submit a new application and take the full version of the exam to certify again.
|Exam Window||Schedule||Application Deadline|
|April 5 - 19, 2019||3.25 hours||February 1, 2019|
|August 16 - 30, 2019||3.25 hours||June 14, 2019|
|December 6 - 20, 2019||3.25 hours||October 4, 2019|
|API Member Fee (USD)||Non Member Fee (USD)|