Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Safety is important to everyone and especially so for the oil and gas industry. As one of the most dangerous industries, it is important for organisations to have a comprehensive and thorough safety programs and procedures in place. A recent report submitted by the International Association of Oil & Gas Producers indicated that these safety programs has led to an 8% drop in the fatal accident rate. The combination of powerful equipment, flammable chemicals and processes that are under high pressure can lead to hazardous and even deadly incidents, which means that the safety managers need to work tirelessly to improve safety practices through ongoing research, standards development, training and information sharing.
Along with the safety practises, it is also important to have an emergency response plan. The actions taken in the initial minutes of an emergency are critical. During an emergency, an urgent need for rapid decisions can lead to poor judgement and chaos, and the normal channels of authority and communication cannot be relied upon to function routinely. Pre-planning an emergency response is necessary to eliminate these issues. In addition, an emergency plan promotes safety awareness and shows the organization’s commitment to the safety of workers.
Let’s have a look at The Top Oil and Gas Industry Safety Courses in Singapore and Malaysia:
- Integrating Human Factors into the Design and Operations Risk Framework
- Effective Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Best Practises in Heavy Transport and Lifting, Emphasizing Safety
- Process Safety and Major Hazards Management
Integrating Human Factors into the Design and Operations Risk Framework
- With this training course, learn how to document a Safety Case that focuses on how major accidents are prevented at MHIs, based on the MOM Safety Case Technical Guide
- Learn how to effectively manage business risks by integrating human factors
- Gain an expert insight into the roles and responsibilities of top management when creating an organization to deliver optimum performance
- Understand the relationships between people, processes and plant in creating suitable barriers to prevent or mitigate risk to their business
- Build organizational resilience for crisis management leadership and the mitigation of consequential HSE and business interruption risks
- Learn more about integrating human factors into Safety Case here
Effective Incident Investigation and Reporting
- The training course provides a comprehensive overview of incident investigation
- Learn how to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- Develop understanding of how to analyse incidents to identify root causes
- Get an understanding of hazard control measures and follow-up
- Learn about the human relations aspects of incident reporting
Best Practises in Heavy Transport and Lifting, Emphasizing Safety
- Learn the efficient and safe execution of lifting and transporting heavy objects or all shapes and sizes and project planning
- Learn to recognize unsafe situations before they occur
- Learn how to properly prepare and perform a load-out
Process Safety and Major Hazards Management
- The training course discusses key issues from key industry sectors like upstream, downstream, gas, petrochemicals and related business segments
- Discover the HSE challenges that are faced within a global business
- Learn about the best HSSEQ management systems required for process safety
- Learn how to develop major project regulatory compliance plans and operational assurance processes
- Understand the importance of human factors and organizational competency for reducing major accident risks
Despite the fact that most of the figures in the latest reports show improvement, every death and every injury must be considered a failure. Therefore, timely and effective training is crucial for workforce development. With the advancement in technology, more sophisticated work processes are required and the demand for skilled employees is heightened as the oil and gas industry aims for injury-free worksites.
Emergency Response and Crisis Management is a 3-day training course held from 18 – 20 May 2020 (Singapore) designed to provide a comprehensive overview of emergency response requirement for downstream oil & gas. The course covers topics like Emergency Management, Anticipation and Assessment, Prevention and Mitigation, Technical Safety Studies, Emergency Preparations, Training drills, Recovery and Crisis Management. The course is highly interactive and requires full participation of all delegates. The course provides a detailed insight into the practical realities of emergency response in downstream oil & gas while being presented by a very experienced senior emergency responder with extensive practical international experience.