Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
The level of competition in the oil and gas industry has been increasing with time. The recent reports from the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics show the demand for industrial engineers in the coming decade grow at around 8% which is higher than the average of all job occupation which is 5%. This means that the competition will be fierce. Firms in a variety of industries will continue to seek new ways to contain costs and improve efficiency and in order to stand out from the crowd, professional training experience alone might not be enough and therefore an individual must be certified as well. Certifications will ensure that you are equipped with the latest knowledge in the industry and know the most efficient ways to carry out any given task. When you apply for a certification, you’re required to study up on new tools, learn a hard skill, and demonstrate the knowledge you learned in order to pass, you’ll get more out of the experience than from those where you simply study and take a test.
While certifications certainly add to your credibility, not all certifications are created equal. We have picked out some of The Top Certifications in Oil and Gas Industry:
- TUV Rheinland Certification
- API 936 Certification
- Loading Master Certification for Oil and Gas and Petrochemicals
TUV Rheinland Certifications
- TÜV Rheinland is the leading certification body that specialises in providing certifications in compliance with various recognised safety and qualification standards. Organisations look to this industry-recognised body to improve their operational excellence or which are part of the requirements specifications, including quality management, environmental management, occupational health and safety.
- TUV Rheinland certificates are globally recognised and are accredited by a variety of national standards, such as the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
- TUV Rheinland offer training for various processes such as – Process Hazard and Risk Analysis and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- It is key for oil and gas professionals to be equipped with the knowledge, understanding and application of the internationally accepted and adopted methods and tools for identifying process related hazards and manage associated risks. Get introduced to the concepts of the main international standards that cover risk assessment and risk reduction.
API 936 Certifications
- American Petroleum Institute (API) certifications are the most demanded and desired credentials in the industry
- Standards set by API enhance the safety of industry operations, assure quality, help keep costs down, reduce waste and minimise confusion
- Designed to train individuals on Refractory installation, inspection, testing and repair
- Provides guidelines for the installation quality control of monolithic refractory linings that may be used to supplement owner specifications
- Read more about how API 936 certificate will benefit you and your company, here
Loading Master Certification for Oil and Gas and Petrochemicals
- Loading Master Certification will ensure that you are equipped with the most efficient and safe steps to perform the given task
- Understand the International Rules / Regulations and Industry best practices for operations at bulk liquid terminals
- Learn about all applicable international, national and local regulations
- Attain knowledge of the safety procedures and recommendations for tanker and terminal personnel and handling crude oil and petroleum products
- Become aware of Quality & Quantity risk & loss and learn prevention techniques
The bottom line is that benefits of certifications cannot be overlooked as they ensure that you’ve gained the necessary skills to allow you to be more productive and efficient in the workplace. It is important for oil and gas professionals to be aware of latest safety procedures and guidelines in order to meet the standards of the industry. By gaining certifications from these certifications bodies which are globally recognised and sought after, you are prepared with the right skill set and knowledge to excel in your role.
Opus Kinetic believes that people are why organizations are successful, and giving people the knowledge to perform well at their job is integral for success. We pride ourselves as the premier provider of knowledge, offering acclaimed in-house trainings, and many other professional training courses spanning from various industries. Our training courses are well-researched and updated with the latest industry trends. For more information on our professional training programs, check out our latest training calendar.