- This event has passed.
Decommissioning And Abandonment
10th September 2018 - 12th September 2018
The course will provide the delegate with a comprehensive understanding of the key aspects of decommissioning. The course will be delivered by a trainer who is a recognized expert in the filed of decommissioning.
The delegates will have a unique opportunity of discussing and comparing their individual decommissioning requirements both with the trainer and the other delegates.
A key feature of the course will be the opportunity for the delegates to take part in the development of a decommissioning strategy and plan for a typical field.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for engineers and professionals in the following disciplines:
- Asset Management
- Asset Integrity
- Asset Life-cycle
- Civil & Marine Engineering
- Project Management
Working in industries such as Oil and Gas Operators, Offshore Oil & Gas Contractors/Service Providers, Naval Architects, Health & Safety Contractors, Fabrication Yards and Marine Engineering firms.
Key Learning Objectives
Decommissioning is a rapidly developing market sector in the petroleum business, with major potential and major risks. Decommissioning is a source of major liability for countries, operators, contractors, and the public, which must be understood if it is to be managed cost effectively. Asia-Pacific is gearing up for increasing activity as more comprehensive guidelines and regulations are formed. This course will help you to understand key components of decommissioning such as:
- Myths and reality of decommissioning
- Available options for decommissioning
- Drivers, challenges and risks
- Phasing and timing of decommissioning
- Challenges and identification of key risks
- Cessation of production to removal
- Transition from production to decommissioning
- Offshore preparatory work
- Removal and transportation
- Onshore disposal and closeout