- This event has passed.
Evaluating Pre-salt Rift Plays and Prospects
1st November 2017 - 3rd November 2017
This course is designed to provide geoscientists with an understanding of all of the elements of the sub-salt petroleum system including how to put those elements together in order to define plays and to find, evaluate, and risk leads and prospects in those plays.
Who Should Attend
E&P professionals involved in the generation and / or the evaluation of pre-salt rift basin plays and prospects.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the various types of data needed to understand the petroleum system, including an understanding of the quality, scale, uncertainty, and limitations of that data.
- Learn how to use the data, as well as geologic models and principals to understand and delineate each element of the rift basin petroleum system; source rock, migration pathway, reservoir, trap and seal as well as the linkage between these elements.
- Be able to bring the petroleum system elements together to be able to define plays and to find, evaluate, and risk prospects.
- Understand the fundamentals of salt tectonics, the geometry of autochthonous and allochthonous salt bodies and salt withdrawal mini-basins.
- Optional for day 3: Learn key industry best practices needed to qualitatively review maps to ensure they are valid, use and honor all of the data, and are as accurate as the data allows
In-house Trainings Available Upon Request. Contact us now at email@example.com