- This event has passed.
Gas Turbine Operations Management
12th November 2018 - 14th November 2018
The use of Gas Turbines in the areas of Power Generation, Petrochemical and Pipeline Industries has increased considerably in the last few years. The development, in particular, of Combined Cycle and Combined Heat and Power applications has accelerated the use of Industrial Gas Turbines. This course will cover the operations of the various types of Gas Turbine and Gas Turbine applications. The focus of this course will involve the monitoring of the performance of these machines, analysing their operation, cost management and cost reduction.
Who Should Attend
An essential course for those managers/engineers involved in the operations of Gas Turbines. This course will also be of considerable value to those shift leaders/engineers seeking to gain a better understanding of operational concepts and management. Maintenance engineers seeking to further their career in Operations Management will also benefit from attending this course.
Key Learning Objectives
- Grasp the practical O&M issues of gas and steam turbines
- Understand and describe the benefi ts and disadvantages of various CHP and CoGen configurations
- Be able to benchmark O&M of gas and steam turbines
- Examine the importance of timely, accurate condition assessments in today’s economic environment
- Understand and operate systems associated with gas and steam turbines.
- Balance costs and risks associated with O&M practices
- Estimate the performance and health of the power plant accurately
- Design a more precise and realistic maintenance schedule for turbine plant and allocate resources eﬀectively
- Understand the importance of integrated resource planning techniques and practices