- This event has passed.
Geophysical Data Management For the Oil & Gas Sector
26th September 2018 - 27th September 2018
Exploration and Production (E&P) companies realize the importance of good technical data and the role which it plays in the exploration success. Geoscientists and engineers focus on maximizing hydrocarbon extraction by understanding and exploiting field geological and formations data. To achieve their challenging goals, they use sophisticated software to perform virtual field characterizations and analysis which generates terabytes of valuable intellectual data and information. This is one example, and there are many more by which new data is being generated and stored each day. Companies are investing into hardware and software to tackle these problems but lack the basic guide lines or policies to manage the growing data volume. This has led to even more problems and waste of valuable resources and funds. One of the key requirements for E&P companies is to have a well-defined data management strategy.
Who Should Attend
- Upstream personnel
- Non-geoscience personnel
- *There are no technical prerequisites for this course besides having more than 3 years’ work experience and a higher education diploma
Key Learning Points
- What is Data Management, why it is important, understanding of data as an asset, its lifecycle, benefits of good Data Management, and its potential value
- The core data types in the E&P industry and valuable best practices for them
- Common Data Management issues and challenges, and the impact on the business
- The important components of a Data Management framework
- How to map issues onto a Data Management framework