- This event has passed.
Advanced LNG Vessel Transfer and STS – Operational Procedures, Methods and Claims Handling
28th August 2017
This intensive course will equip you with a detailed practical grounding in the fundamentals of advanced STS and LNG transfer operations. You will learn the practical tools and techniques that can be utiltised to manage risk more effectively and make better practical decisions while handling.
- Reinforce knowledge about operations that are carried out in accordance with all relevant national and international maritime legislation, local regulations, and industry best practices.
- Evaluate the different procedures and factors affecting cost of the operation
- Ensure overall safety for any STS operation on the use of correct size and number of fenders and certified tested hoses.
- Become familiar with LNG vessels, operations and LNG STS equipment
- Enhance understanding of Ship-to-Ship transfer equipment, design, maintenance – and training methods for STS.
- Familiarise the differences of Person in Overall Advisory Control, Mooring Master and Master of the Ship
- Establish a useful methodology in reducing risk
- Understanding environmental challenges
- Recognise and understand differences in operations and hazards between oil and gas vessels.
- Understand requirements for LNG vessel compatibility and Optimoor studies and follow an LNG spill response case study
Who Should Attend
Key Job Titles
- Ship Owners and Managers
- Offshore Vessel and FPSO Owners and Operators
- Oil Majors, NOCs and Independents
- Ship Superintendents and Safety Officers
- Ship Officers and Crews (Master, Chief Officers, Chief Engineers etc)
- Loading and Mooring Masters
- STS Service Providers
- Liquid Cargo and Bunker Surveyors
- Ports and Terminal Operators
- P&I Inspectors and Executives
- LNG FSU Owners, Managers, Operators
- Company Assurance Managers and Superintendents
Key Learning Objective
- LEARN the Important Aspects of STS Operations
- What REGULATIONS and GUIDELINES are Governing STS Transfer Operations?
- MASTER the Parties Involved in the STS Transfers and their Relationship to One Another
- POAC Performing DIFFERENT Roles at Particular Point of the STS Operations
- PRE-PLANNING and Risk Assessment Considerations for LNG
- INSIGHTS on STS Plan and Equipment
- REVIEW and Plan with Real Life Case Scenario
- Mooring Operations Manoeuvring and Risks
- LNG FOCUSSED Cargo Transfer Operations
- STS Transfer Operations Best Practices Oil and LNG comparisons
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE and Contingency Planning
- STS INDUSTRY and Future LNG Developments
- Case Study: Escobar Argentina, Liquefied Natural Gas Ship to Ship Transfer Operations to Floating Structure Re gasification Unit
- Case Study: LNG Spill Response during Cargo operations