- This event has passed.
Carbonate Reservoirs Masterclass
6th September 2021 - 10th September 2021
One event on 24th October 2022 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
The 4-day training course introduces the participants to modern carbonate environments mainly from the Arabian/Persian Gulf and the Caribbean. Discussion of diagenesis explains how carbonate sediment becomes lithified and changed after deposition to provide potential reservoir rocks. Large scale carbonate architectures are discussed and illustrated from a sequence stratigraphic perspective with seismic scale examples.
There are numerous illustrations of outcropping carbonates and evaporites from a wide range of depositional settings throughout the Phanerozoic. Porosity and permeability characteristics of carbonates are described. Petrophysical approaches to carbonate reservoir characterization are introduced with emphasis on fracture modelling, fluid saturation modelling and hydraulic flow units. A selection of carbonate oil and gas models and fields from various parts of the world are discussed.
Who Should Attend
- Exploration, development and production geoscientists
- Petroleum and reservoir engineers
Key Learning Objectives
- INTRODUCE oil and gas professionals to modern carbonate environments
- PROVIDE an insight to the complexity of carbonate depositional systems, including associated evaporites
- EXPLAIN the susceptibility of carbonates to post-depositional (diagenetic) changes
- EXAMINE petrophysical approaches to carbonate reservoir characterization
- PRESENT worldwide case studies of carbonate models and carbonate oil and gas fields