- This event has passed.
Drilling Essentials for New Engineers and Non-Technical Professionals
March 8 - March 10
One event on 18th July 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 8th March 2023 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This drilling training course is designed to provide participants with basic understanding of activities related to drilling, well completion as well as workover operations of oil and gas wells. It also provides cover of the entire drilling engineering process from the well planning phase to well completion throughout various rig operations. Drilling problems, reasons & solutions as well as well intervention operations after putting the well on production are included as well.
The drilling training course will assist participants (managerial/ supporting role) to significantly contribute towards ensuring that well project delivery targets are met, within the approved (AFE) and with minimal (NPT).
Who Should Attend
- Accounting & Commercial
- Business Development
- Estimation & Proposal
- Finance & Administration
- Human Resources
- IT Support
- Joint Ventures
- Logistics & HSE
- Planning & Budgeting
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Tenders & Contracts
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand well objectives, planning and design process
- Understand drilling cost considerations and factors impacting the cost
- Learn various types of Onshore/Offshore rig and rigless operations
- Learn drilling rig systems and functions
- Understand the role of key Drilling Personnel and Service Providers
- Understand the drilling and completion sequence
- Learn workover operations role and functions
- Understand the difference of Drilling Vs. Workover operations
- Understand Common Challenges in drilling operations
- Learn practical methods of design
- Plan and install safe and efficient well completion and workover
- Improve well productivity by integrating the importance of completion process
- To future production in order to enhance performance and failures.
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of work performance by learning ways to conduct operations smoothly in a correct technique.
- Enhance the decision-making cycle and effectiveness of the process and contribute towards ensuring that delivery targets are met, within the approved (AFE) and minimal (NPT).
- Describe the well planning process & appreciate each element in the planning process.
- Understand major cost components of drilling operations and its impact for better project planning and management.
- Describe the basic sequence of onshore & offshore drilling as well as completion
- Identify drilling rigs and major relevant equipment
- Understand drilling operations functions for deeper understanding of technical and logistical considerations.