Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 4-day training course. Having successful oil and gas drilling operation requires knowledge of numerous factors. It is not just increasing the penetration rates, but also minimizing the downtime caused by drilling problems that could enhance the overall performance of the well. This course introduces various types of problems that could be encountered during drilling and workover operations and result in non-productive and very costly drilling down time as well as the possible means for reduction of this time throughout adequate definition and monitoring of KPI’s, data management, quantifying uncertainties in the subsurface conditions, risk assessment and use of modern drilling technologies and trends. Moreover, the course provides better understanding, enhance knowledge and strengthen the decision-making capability of the participants to enhance the well performance throughout presentations, case studies, group discussions and exercise as well as practical videos of actual cases.
Who Should Attend
- Drilling Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Drilling Managers
- Tool Pushers
- Reservoir Engineers
- Risk Managers
- Field Services Staff
Key Learning Objectives
- What potential problem may occur during drilling?
- Why do these problems occur?
- What to do and how to act quickly to minimize its economic impact on the drilling budget?
- Learn how to recognize signs before problems it become eminent to help in reducing the rig downtime and cost accordingly.
- Recognize the influence of drill string and reservoir mechanics.
- Identify possible and expected operational problems and contingency plans.
- Acquire necessary skills to conduct risk assessment for all phases of the process to minimize the down time or losses.
- Understand how to avoid drilling problems and implement well control procedures throughout operations.
- Appreciate the environmental effects of drilling activities.
- Implement techniques to control non-productive time.
- Effectively identify and monitor key perfomance indicators (KPIs).
- Implement real time management of well construction and optimization.
- Understand the fundamentals and concept of the operations optimization.
- Increase awareness and knowledge of the rig operations and factors affecting its perfomance.
- Acquire necessary knowledge of the subsurface operational techniques, technologies and equipment.
- Be able to handle various emergency situations, plan its operations, monitor and analyze its perfomance.