- This event has passed.
Flare Gas Recovery (FGR) & Its Utilisation in Oil & Gas
24th April 2019 - 26th April 2019
Oil & gas producers always try to optimize their production operations. Despite this, a significant part of the gas is flared because it is perceived that there are no easy ways to monetize it. When oil prices are high, flare gas is a relatively insignificant revenue stream, especially if there is no cost incurred for greenhouse gas emissions. However, with low oil prices and increasing environmental concern, utilization of this flare gas is commercially attractive and good for the environment. The Flare Gas Recovery and its utilisation in oil and gas is a comprehensive course designed for those seeking business advantages. It mainly covers the upstream (exploration and production), and touches upon the downstream (refining) a bit as well. It is aimed at both technical and non-technical practitioners who would like to gain a complete understanding of the dynamics of Flare Gas Recovery, global/ environmental concerns on Flared Gas, and utilisation options available for the recovered gas.
Who Should Attend
- Energy/Oil & Gas professionals who are keen to attain a holistic and integrated overview of flared gas
- Support Functions Professionals, Administration Managers, Procurement Managers, Finance Executives, Corporate Services Executives, HSE Staff
- Non-Oil & Gas professionals who are moving or seeking new carer opportunities in this highly demanding and complex industry
- Business Development and ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals
- Corporate Planning Professionals
Key Learning Objectives
- Achieve a comprehensive overview of the Flare Gas Recovery
- Develop understanding of Oil and Gas Value Chain and significance of FGR.
- Understand the dynamics of gas flaring
- Develop understanding of different types of flares
- Understand different components of FGR System
- Master technical terms to boost credibility with colleagues & other stake holders
- Understand the utilisation options available for the recovered gas
- Get awareness of practical FGR Projects around the World
- Become aware of the World Bank Initiative of zero routine gas flaring by year 2030
- Develop understanding of different FGR Technologies
- Develop awareness of FGR through case studies