- This event has passed.
Gamification Concept For Engaging & Motivating Employees
18th April 2017
Gamification is often misunderstood, it is in fact 75% psychology and 25% technology. During these 2 days’ course, delegates will learn how to deploy a gamification strategy in learning and talent development programs using a proven 5-step process that takes you from design concept through implementation. It’s like getting a Gold Star for a Good Job… only Better!
This program is for learning professionals who want to create and deliver programs with impact. Whether you are a trainer, instructional designer, or organizational development professional, if you are interested in making sure what you design or facilitate is focused on what matters, that your participants are engaged throughout the process, and that when they leave they are able and willing to do what it takes to apply what they have learned and experienced back at work effectively, this program is for you. No coding skills are required.
In this hands-on and interactive program, you will learn the 5-step process of gamifying a learning or talent development program. Add the word “challenge” to any activity, and watch people become intrigued. In this hands-on, interactive session, you’ll experience first-hand how gamification design is used to create change within organizations.
You will use an L&D case study, tactical templates, and gamification strategy playing cards as you gather data and participate in creativity, problem-solving, and assessment activities. The goal is to increase learning and engagement through key concepts found in game design and behavioural psychology.
Learn how to use the Game the System™ Learning Map to chart your knowledge progress. Upon completion of this program, you are eligible to earn your Gamification Apprentice Badge which verifies that you have demonstrated an introductory understanding of all components used to apply this trademarked, strategic gamification design overlay to an L&D program
Who Should Attend
This program is for learning professionals who want to create and deliver programs with impact. Whether you are a trainer, instructional designer, or organizational development professional, if you are interested in making sure what you design or facilitate is focused on what matters, that your participants are engaged throughout the process, and that when they leave they are able and willing to do what it takes to apply what they have learned and experienced back at work effectively, this program is for you. Principals especially those working in the Management, Human Resources, Training, Talent Management, Compensations, Marketing, and PR function are encouraged and shall benefit by attending this course.
A list of POTENTIAL ATTENDEES, but not exhaustive, is laid out below as follow:
- General Managers
- Human Resource Partners
- Human Resource Directors
- Human Resource Managers
- HR Generalists
- Training Managers
- Operations Managers
- Department Managers
- Project Directors
- Project Managers
- Marketing Managers
Key Learning Objectives
- IDENTIFY the ‘players’, and the measurable business objectives and how to use gamification to achieve your business objectives
- USE the SMART goal setting plan to write business objectives
- IDENTIFY specific levers that can be used to pull Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- FRAME and WRAP the games up by LEARNING how to do good storytelling to entice the players
- ACQUIRE knowledge and skills through the learning activities
- UNDERSTAND the basics of matching game mechanics to motivate your players to take actions
- UTILIZE the Story Board Starter Shortcut to create an epic adventure of the gamification for your training program or initiative
- BUILD the right mix of ingredients in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill, rather than merely receive and memorize information
- DETERMINE the game elements you will use(points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and implement game mechanics to motivate your players
- CREATE an overall design that appeals to different senses and tie everything back to the other levels of the learning map
- MAP a practical method for approaching gamification in your organization