- This event has passed.
15th August 2022 - 18th August 2022
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 4-day training course. Geothermal energy resources can play a key role towards meeting net-zero emissions targets. There is a growing need for interdisciplinary competence to untap the vast geothermal potential worldwide, with a high level of skills transferability across geo-resource sectors, including oil and gas.
This course encompasses all aspects and scales of geothermal use, from preliminary resource assessment to project implementation. The course will build up the delegates’ knowledge and understanding of geothermal technologies, their current level of maturity and international uptake.
Who Should Attend
- An energy policy maker
- An energy stakeholder in charge of investment and funding decisions
- A geoscientist wishing to learn the engineering aspects of geothermal project implementation
- An oil and gas professional transitioning towards sustainable energy operations
- An energy educator
Key Learning Objectives
- Global energy statistics and the role of geothermal energy
- Fundamentals of geothermal energy
- Types of geothermal systems
- Geothermal energy uses
- Geothermal projects: phases and risks
- Thermal energy storage
- Geothermal resources assessment