- This event has passed.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Masterclass
4th July 2022 - 8th July 2022
One event on 4th July 2022 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This 5-Day training course provides the delegates with an overview of Root Cause Analysis and gives them the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate an effective RCA. The participants would learn a number of tried and tested methods to help identify the causes leading to the incident. The delegates will develop understanding of Influence & Causal Factor, Charting, the ‘5 Why’s’, ‘Fishbone’ or ‘Ishikawa’ Cause & Effect concepts and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA). Each of these methods is in widespread use throughout industry with their pedigrees going back to the early 1970’s. The case studies analyzed during the workshop would develop the participants into a Professional Investigators and would let them grasp how to use RCA techniques to prevent the occurrence of any future incidents.
Incident analysis tools take the information obtained by the investigation process and use this to identify underlying, systemic causes. The depth of the analysis can vary from superficial factors close to the immediate causes, through deeper underlying causes and failures. These may include latent failures (e.g. a failure in design) and cultural analyses of why an organization allowed an incident to happen. Root Cause Analysis is an analysis methodology to uncover underlying causes which is usually based on a predefined list of causal categories.
Who Should Attend
- Technical Operational Staff
- Chief Engineers / Senior Engineers /Fresh Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
- Technical Managers
- Technical Supervisors
- Business Development Managers
- ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) Professionals
Key Learning Objectives
- MANAGE change and how to implement Reliability/Integrity improvement projects.
- LEARN how to solve problems systematically by using a proven structured approach.
- UNDERSTAND the various RCA tools & techniques & their respective benefits.
- APPRECIATE the Human Reliability and various techniques to improve / manage.
- IMPLEMENT measures to ensure gains are produced and established for continuous improvement.
- RECOGNIZE common barriers to RCA and apply techniques to overcome those barriers.
- MONITOR and control the RCA process and ensure mitigating actions are delivered.