- This event has passed.
Advanced Effective Cathodic Protection
26th September 2016
Corrosion consumes important assets, creating loss of dependability, reliability and increased operating costs.The whole science of corrosion, specifically cathodic protection is seen as a complicated procedure whereas in fact the principles involved follow well defined laws.
This 3-day Advanced Course will provide comprehensive training on Cathodic Protection, covering areas such as the theoretical background of corrosion and CP, potential and current CP surveys, CP measurements and its applications in different environments/industries, CP interference and stray current, design factors and selection process, monitoring and maintenance as well as including the related equipment, illustrations and case studies in all of these areas. Additionally, the training is flecible and will address the delegates’ different CP needs to allow for the best hands-on, practical training.
At the end of the Advanced Cathodic Protection workshop, delegates will be equipped with the skills to enhance the corrosion management of their organizations valuable infrastructure and assets; reducing costs, increasing efficiency and mitigating future corrosion problems.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at engineers from both onshore and offshore infrastructure including pipelines, tank, well casings, offshore structures and onshore facilities.
- Electrical Engineering
- Asset Integrity
- Project Team
- Risk Management
And those with responsibilities general corrosion management.
Key Learning Objectives
- MONITOR and MAINTAIN the level of corrosion protection to ensure excellent condition of current infrastructure and to safeguard new structure
- IDENTIFY weaknesses inherent in any corrosion management system
- DISCOVER how to ascertain situations where the effectiveness of CP will be limited and how to overcome them
- REALIZE how to assess effectiveness of CP systems already in place and IMPROVE current systems with proven measures
- UNDERSTAND how to design CP Systems that effectively matches protection requirements, are cost-efficient and maximizes ROI
- EVALUATE different CP systems, and be able to select the best product
- ENSURE smooth operation of your CP systems in the long run
- OPTIMISE the efficiency of corrosion management
- RECOGNISE the dangers and costs of improper CP to infrastructure
- REVIEW International Standards and developments in Standardization
- BENCHMARK against Best Practices and examples for further improvements
- BENEFIT from a range of workshop exercises, group discussions and case studies
Our definitive portal, The Power Times provides information and news on power generation, transmission and distribution entities. There is in-depth coverage of projects, contracts and business news, to technological innovations and improvements, and to future market trends. We offer technology-focused e-newsletters, company search via online product and company directories. Other facilities include job postings, events calendar, interactive news commentary, blogging, social media connections, technology basics and much more.
We are, The Hotel Times an online hospitality news portal to provide quality information to hoteliers and industry consultants. The portal serves a worldwide audience of hospitality professionals, providing them with both daily updated content and interactive services. The site offers industry news, multimedia streamed features, discussion platforms, a recruitment center, a supplier marketplace and several focus areas in areas such as technology and sales & marketing.
The Pharma Times portal provides pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and others in the industry with the most comprehensive suite of web-based tools and pharma information available. The vast pharmaceutical and biotech industry is comprehensively covered to keep you up-to-date on breaking news, company announcements, trends and analysis.
The SME Times portal present articles that provide actionable information for small business owners and their employees, and aspiring entrepreneurs. Profiles of entrepreneurs will be inspirational making you learn how to be one and progress to the next level. Our support to the small business community has resulted in an online discussion forum to share ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage each other.
The Property Times presents real estate news, information, advice, research, opinion and commentary for industry professionals and consumers alike. We are dedicated to sharing input from industry professionals, articles on breaking news, and statistics showing exactly what’s going on in the market. With up-to-date news published by our organization, investors stay informed on local and national trends. Thus a more informed decision leads to making higher net returns.
For further information of this course, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org