- This event has passed.
Advanced Heavy Lift and Transportation
26th September 2016
The efficient and safe execution of heavy transportation involves specialized load handling equipment and various modes of transport. This course is designed for personnel involved in specialized transport from contract transport organizations and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to engineering companies and project owners in the oil and gas, power generation, and other plant-environment industries.
The engineering principles of hydraulic platform trailers, like self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs), are delved into along with a variety of other load handling equipment. Heavy lift, jacking and skidding, and load-out (roll-on/roll-off) project case studies are utilized for participants to gain a broad understanding of the art and science of specialized transport and heavy lift operations.
Who Should Attend
- Crane & Transport Contractors
- Freight Forwarders
- Lifting Engineers
- EPC Contractors
- Operation Managers
- Cargo Superindendents
- Marine Warrantee Surveyors
- Rigging & Transport Supervisors
- Transport and Lifting Engineers
- HSE Managers
- Construction Managers
- Structural engineers
Key Learning Objectives
- Benchmark the importance of good and correct communication, examples from NASA
- Plan a project, understand the planning and execution of a transport and lift covering the load, the route to travel, equipment selection and execution
- Select the right transporter or crane for the load or job
- Learn how to utilizeheavy equipment in a safe way
- Understand why it is important to know the application and limits of each equipment and rigging tool
- Define the importance of terminology before starting your daily routine
- Recognize unsafe situations before they occur
- Master the calculation of ground pressures
- Assess complex and multi-discipline transport and lift plans
- Prepare and perform a load-out
- Thorough understanding of all Heavy Lift and Transport aspects beyond the common boundaries
Our definitive portal, The Power Times provides information and news on power generation, transmission and distribution entities. There is in-depth coverage of projects, contracts and business news, to technological innovations and improvements, and to future market trends. We offer technology-focused e-newsletters, company search via online product and company directories. Other facilities include job postings, events calendar, interactive news commentary, blogging, social media connections, technology basics and much more.
We are, The Hotel Times an online hospitality news portal to provide quality information to hoteliers and industry consultants. The portal serves a worldwide audience of hospitality professionals, providing them with both daily updated content and interactive services. The site offers industry news, multimedia streamed features, discussion platforms, a recruitment center, a supplier marketplace and several focus areas in areas such as technology and sales & marketing.
The Pharma Times portal provides pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and others in the industry with the most comprehensive suite of web-based tools and pharma information available. The vast pharmaceutical and biotech industry is comprehensively covered to keep you up-to-date on breaking news, company announcements, trends and analysis.
The SME Times portal present articles that provide actionable information for small business owners and their employees, and aspiring entrepreneurs. Profiles of entrepreneurs will be inspirational making you learn how to be one and progress to the next level. Our support to the small business community has resulted in an online discussion forum to share ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage each other.
The Property Times presents real estate news, information, advice, research, opinion and commentary for industry professionals and consumers alike. We are dedicated to sharing input from industry professionals, articles on breaking news, and statistics showing exactly what’s going on in the market. With up-to-date news published by our organization, investors stay informed on local and national trends. Thus a more informed decision leads to making higher net returns.
For further information of this course, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org