- This event has passed.
Fuel Price Hedging
5th September 2016
This workshop will introduce participants to the fundamental concepts of risk management, then review hedging instruments available in the market and describe hedging strategies as well as applications in the energy market. The concepts and practical applications that will be presented in this workshop are critical for managers and financial executives managing risks.
Workshop participants will have an opportunity to assess various case studies and to then assess and apply hedging techniques as part of the group working sessions. This workshop will provide hands-on experience through the hedging simulation exercise included in the workshop.
Participants in this workshop will take away with a new understanding of risk management and hedging, and most importantly, how these techniques can be best applied to their companies.
Key Learning Points Include:
- An introduction to risk management concepts
- Description and details of hedging instruments
- Selection of hedging strategies
- Understanding the possible pitfalls and critical strategy elements in hedge strategy formulation, including exposure assessment, financial position, hedge objectives, and risk management controls & governance capabilities
- Discussion of related issues, including counter party credit risk and structured products
- Review and assessment of real-life case studies in risk management and hedging
- Group working session to assess and apply hedging techniques
For further information of this course, please email to email@example.com