Media Crisis Management
August 5 - August 6
Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can cause a company or organization serious reputation damage, wipe out stock valuations, and cost individuals their jobs. Therefore, communicating messages effectively to the media is an essential part of successfully managing any organization.
This two-day seminar is designed for anyone who must act as a spokesperson for an organization during a crisis. It is intended for beginner-intermediate level spokespersons. Participants will learn how to prepare for interviews, deliver press statements, and manage questions effectively under pressure. The skills can easily be applied to non-crisis situations, although the main focus will be on high pressure scenarios.
- Highly interactive learning approach
- A clear understanding of how you can project credibility and trust and increase confidence
- An indepth examination of your delivery style and the message you are sending via videos and feedback
- A certificate will be issued by the trainer
Who Should Attend
This two-day seminar is ideal for anyone who must engage the media as a spokesperson. The skills learned can be applied to any spokesperson for any organization in the public or private sector.
Key Learning Objectives
- Assess when and how to engage the media
- Look at available options (traditional and/or social media)
- Craft media statements and messages
- Effectively act as a spokesperson
- Manage unwanted and/or negative questions