This course will give a fresh and practical input on the way engineers can go about safeguarding the structural integrity of any offshore installation preventing the use of hot-work. Using the three pillar of life extension concept, participants will learn to use Fatigue Assessment, Inspection and weld improvements techniques to enable new possibilities in life extension projects.
Attendees will be exposed to the creation of a complete Finite Element models of installations, review of structural data to a range of engineering solutions with a specific focus on Ultrasonic Peening. You will also explore the benefits of a range of engineering solutions. At this exclusive masterclass you will uncover a range of solutions to help you optimise your facilities resulting in enhanced operational productivity. There will also be numerous opportunities available throughout the masterclass for you to bring along specific case-studies to discuss with your industry peers.
Who Should Attend
This is a comprehensive course for participants to learn how to accurately assess their vessels’ current fatigue life situation, what obstacles that might await them and how to produce an adequate action plan in order to achieve the required life extension.
Course participants will gain understanding in which steps to take when tackling structural integrity concerns prompted by fatigue issues. You will be able to accurately safeguard the structural integrity of offshore installations through a proactive and preventive approach model, used by the forerunners of the industry today.
- Structural Engineer
- Principal Engineer,
- Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Director / Manager
- Naval Architect
- Structural Project Engineer
- Maintenance Manager
- Asset Integrity Manager
- Marine Engineer
Key Learning Points
- Understand how a life extension program can prevent structural issues on an offshore installation
- Describe up-to-day technologies, theoretical and empirical, used to verify and continuously improve accuracy of FEA results
- Identify structural issues and their quantification
- Gather insights on range of engineering solutions available
- Comprehend the future development of topsides
- Apply fatigue assessment and fatigue design
- Explore main inspection methods with a practical approach