- This event has passed.
Systemic Approaches to Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Investigation
18th November 2018 - 20th November 2018
Since 2006, the trainer has worked with many organisations in the transport, mining, oil and gas, power utilities and construction industries in developing Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) incident management systems, skilling staﬀ in internationally regarded workplace incident investigation methodologies, and conducting independent investigations into fatalities, major injuries, environmental harm, near misses and production loss events. From this experience, the trainer has developed a unique understanding of the specific competencies required of workplace incident investigators and how best to develop and sustain these competencies in organisations that operate in high risk environments.
The Systematic Approaches to Workplace Incident Investigations course will give participants practical tools and techniques to conduct eﬀective workplace incident investigations to compliment organisational zero harm target objectives. You will learn contemporary techniques for data gathering, identifying and analysing causal factors, and implementing risk control measures.
In three days, you will incorporate into your organisation a step-by-step method for taking immediate post incident actions, classifying incident severity, data collection techniques, witness interviewing, timeline development, practical guidance for determining contributing factors, the development of ‘reasonable’ corrective actions and the use of a structured incident investigation report template to drive a more consistent and eﬀective approach to the investigation of minor and major workplace incidents.
Who Should Attend
Potential attendees include:
- HR managers
- General and line managers
- Operational managers
- Environmental managers
- Change managers
- HSE managers
- HSE investigators
- OHS & injury management personnel
- Quality, risk, compliance and assurance managers
Key Learning Objectives
- Lead investigations of signifcant workplace incidents
- Distinguish between hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents
- Implement immediate actions post incident
- Plan and prepare to conduct workplace incident investigations based on specific risk criteria
- Understand the key steps required in data collection
- Identify a structured approach to witness interviewing
- Develop a timeline of events and conditions to provide logic to the analysis
- Recognise the human factor contribution to major incidents in complex circumstances
- Eﬀectively determine root causes and apply a range of data gathering techniques for data driven analysis
- Identify practical and reasonable improvement opportunities and key learning’s
- Produce quality incident investigation reports to clearly document findings