- This event has passed.
Unconventional Petroleum (Shale Gas Oil, CBM, TAR Sands, Oil Sands, Gas Hydrates etc..). Geology, Exploration & Production
November 4 - November 7
Who Should Attend
- Members of staff, involved in unconventional E&P projects
Key Learning Objectives
- Geology of organic-rich shales – prediction of good quality targets
- Biogeochemistry and petroleum microbiology.
- Production of unconventional oil & gas. Production curves. The EUR
- Basic petroleum economics of unconventional projects; Risking of unconventional prospects.
- Occurrence and distribution of unconventional oil and natural gas; other energy sources
- Use of seismic data in unconventional petroleum E & P;
- Unconventional petroleum (shale gas/oil etc.) – theory and practice;
- Sequence stratigraphy – application in unconventional petroleum;
- Basin Analysis on a PC;
- Calculation of unconventional reserves – various methods.