- This event has passed.
Well Plug and Abandonment
14th November 2022 - 16th November 2022
One event on 10th May 2023 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 3-day classroom plug and abandonment training course. Well Abandonment is commonly the largest cost element of decommissioning and often results in significant cost overrun. However, adoption of good practises and lessons learnt from the growing portfolio of operations completed to date, have shown significant improvements in job duration and non-productive time. In addition, lessons learnt in job design can be used to ensure abandonment barrier quality, minimising the risk of future environmental impact and liability for costly remedial well re-entry.
The course instructor draws on his extensive exposure to well abandonment design, planning and execution, bringing experience from projects in the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, SE Asia, Australia, Brazil and South Africa.
The plug and abandonment course will include real life examples of good and poor practises to highlight how the specific challenges of abandonment can be confidently managed to give high quality isolation barriers while maintaining cost control
Who Should Attend
- Well Abandonment engineers engaged in design and operations
- Engineering and operational team leaders
- Operations supervisors and superintendents
- Managers responsible for well abandonment planning and cost control
Key Learning Objectives
The principle objective of the course is to equip practitioners with good practises for the management of design, planning and executing abandonment, focusing the major and sometimes unique challenges posed by abandoning aged well stock, whether subsea or on land/platforms.
- Appreciate the drivers behind approaches to well abandonment
- Understand good practises in both design, planning and execution
- Introduction to a wide range of techniques including new and emerging technologies and plugging materials
- Develop knowledge of effective cost minimisation strategies
- Learn how to identify and manage key data gaps
- Understand how to address common problems