- This event has passed.
Assessment and Review of Project Plans
May 17 - May 19
One event on 10th July 2023 at 12:00 am
Why Choose this Training Course
This is a 3-days project plans training. A project is only as good as it’s plan and it is often an inconvenient truth that plans prove to be flawed or require adjustment as a project moves through its lifecycle. There are a huge number of variables that can impact upon a project’s performance and many of them simply cannot be known with any degree of certainty ahead of time. Raw material prices may suddenly fluctuate; new technology may change market conditions and accepted practices, key resources can suddenly become unavailable – consider the impact that Covid -19 has had on projects globally, for example. It is imperative that as part of a successful project rollout; delivery and handover to a client, that project plans are subject to detailed assessment and review periodically as the project moves from initiation through to closeout. The focus is on interactive dialogue and engagement – with attention focussed on class exercises and problem solving.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, Managers, Senior Managers and Heads of:
- Project Planning
- Project Audit
- Project Management Office
- Project Control / Cost Control
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the key parameters such as lifespan and complexity of a project that should always be assessed against the project planning function
- Grasp the significance in ensuring that a project is feasible and that there is alignment between corporate expectations and operational realities
- Be able assess the competencies and capabilities of key personnel involved with the project
- Know why it is so critically important that the project scope is ‘set’ correctly
- Assess the project schedule and understand the importance of precedence to scheduling
- Understand the dynamics involved with project resource management
- Know how to utilise change and variation orders to establish an audit trail
- Be able to identify; analyse and assess stakeholder strategy as per project plan
- Become familiar with key issues such as Corporate Social Responsibility; environmental impact assessment and local content and understand how they might impact upon a project’s performance
- Know how to assess project closeout provisions both administratively and contractually and ensure contractual compliance as per project scope and agreed deliverables.