- This event has passed.
Best Practices in HSE Management
8th November 2021 - 11th November 2021
About this Training Course
The management of the risks associated with Health, Safety and Environmental HSE threats to a business is becoming increasingly complex and as part of any credible global business, needs to be managed at all levels of the business, with leadership provided by an Executive Team, supported by the Board of Directors, in a consistent, systematic manner.
History also demonstrates, that in many instances major accident events can result in consequences beyond what the management envisage, resulting in a situation that escalates beyond the capacity of the company to recover both financially and reputationally. The 2010 Deepwater well blow-out accident is an example, whereby the company had to deal with a significant financial penalty associated with the environmental impact that stretched the capacity of the company to maintain operations, in addition to managing the personnel casualties and reputation damage.
During this four-day course, participants will discover the real HSE challenges that face the Executive Management team and their sub-ordinate managers and staff within a global business developing and operating any high hazard facility, but with a focus on the upstream, mid-stream and downstream oil, gas and petrochemicals business segments. The course will describe industry HSE management systems, to cater for both occupational and process safety hazards and the specific aspects requiring control to ensure risks are controlled to As Low as Is Reasonably Practicable, ALARP, through the people, processes and plant utilised in the business.
Who Should Attend
- Executive leaders in the oil, gas, petrochemicals and other major hazards industries
- Corporate HSE directors, managers and advisors
- Operational HSE managers and advisors
- Quality managers and engineers
- Asset integrity managers and engineers
- Maintenance managers and engineers
- Quality assurance managers and quality control inspectors
- Process safety managers and specialists
- Project managers and engineers
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn best practices used by major global companies in the development of occupational and major hazard HSE management systems.
- Gain in depth knowledge from a recognized expert in investigating major accidents, including incident reporting, data gathering, taking witness statements and the application of incident causation analysis.
- Understand how to develop organizational structures and HSE critical competency to ensure businesses reduce HSE risks and create High Reliability Organisations, HROs
- Learn about the regulatory framework applicable in various regions of the world and how companies develop and manage their Regulatory Compliance Plans for projects and operations, essential to maintaining their licence to operate.
- Build knowledge of how Executive Teams and their line functional managers control HSE risks in the business and how HSE Managers conduct annual ISO Management Reviews and the definition and reporting of Key Performance Indicators
- Gain knowledge of technical safety concepts applied to major hazards, bow-tie developments for barrier management and the importance of leadership and managing human factors to ensure risks are controlled ALARP