- This event has passed.
Human Factors Engineering for Oil & Gas Industry
4th November 2020 - 6th November 2020
Due to its nature, the Oil and Gas industry is prone to major accidents. Both upstream and downstream rely heavily on human-machine interfaces and are activities with a complex organisational structure. The work is performed by distributed teams and remotely controlled technology. Human Factors has become a vital and integral part of the industry’s approach to safe and efficient operations. Human Factors should be trained to reduce the risk of human errors that could have potentially catastrophic consequences in the Oil & Gas industry.
Who Should Attend
Target Audience: Managers, Supervisors, HSE professionals, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Lead Engineers responsible for:
- System Safety
- Human Factors
- Human Factors Engineering
- Oil and Gas Plant Design
*There are no technical prerequisites for this course besides having more than 3 years of work experience and a higher education diploma.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learning about human factors contributions to accidents
- Understanding human limitations
- Knowing what are the factors that aﬀect performance of human factors
- Gaining knowledge on Human Factor Integration and regulatory requirements
- Determining when HFE specialist support is required
- Learning about case studies that show practical examples of human factors key learning points