- This event has passed.
Integrated Petrophysics For Reservoir Characterisation
16th December 2019 - 18th December 2019
This course will teach you how to evaluate reservoirs and quickly identify flawed results. Robust reserves and simulation are achieved by the logical, systematic integration of all relevant data. A quality interpretation is extremely cost-effective compared with data acquisition or development mistakes and essential with today’s complex reservoirs and data sets. Proper integration replaces the need to run expensive, irrelevant logs, explains apparent data conflicts and provides the correct answer faster, strengthening your position as an operator and competent petrophysicst. By contrast, stand-alone log analysis often results in wrong decisions and weakens your position in the eyes of your business partners and colleagues. This course, evolved over 25 years of petrophysical consulting and training, demonstrates how robust answers are achieved by the logical integration of diverse data. Pay and reserves are addressed first by Quick Look Log Analysis and then by a disciplined, logical process to optimize the interpretation of Porosity, Saturation, Permeability and Fluid Contacts – the basis of Reserves. Low Contrast Pay, clastics and carbonates are evaluated by straight forward integration techniques which outperform log analysis with direct, plain to see results. The integration of Mudlogs, LWD, Wireline, Facies / Rock Types, SCAL, NMR, Dielectric, MDTs and Well tests are explained via the author’s 28,000 core plug PetroDB-WEB software. Finally, the crucial Petrophysics to Geomodel checks are clearly set out.
Who Should Attend
Petrophysicists, geologists, operations geologists, geo-modellers, reservoir engineers, geophysicists, core analysts
or anyone with a year’s experience with logs or formation evaluation.
Key Learning Objectives
- The essential nature of petrophysics: objectives, data and uncertainties.
- To get the best possible answers from any given data set.
- To perform Quick Look Log Analysis and Essential Core-Log Integration with the author’s Excel spreadsheets.
- To review petrophysical studies effectively and quickly identify flawed results using a clear sequence of logical checks.
- To identify and extract the key data channels from modern hi-tech logs which when integrated with core, logs and well tests, will answer the questions your team is asking.
- To identify and properly use what really matters in the increasingly complex barrage of modern petrophysical data.
- To drill, core, log and test for clear formation evaluation results.
- To avoid the 10 most common errors which ruin petrophysical results.
- To use interactive software to reveal how your data can work together and impact results.